Statutory Declaration under Section 4 (1) (b) of Right to Information (RTI) Act –2005
(I)PARTICULARS OF THE ORGANIZATION, FUNCTION AND DUTIES
Name of the Institution: Sipajhar College Type of Institution: UG (Under Graduate) College Address: Sipajhar- 784145, Darrang, Assam Year of Establishment: 1971 Affiliating University: Gauhati University UGC Recognition: 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC Act, 1956 vide kv letter No.F.8-42/93(CPP-I) dated 8thAug,1996 Head of the Institution:Principal: Dr. P. C. Deka
College office time: From10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Class Time: From 9 A.M. to 4.30 P.M.
Library Hours: It remains open from 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
on all working days
Holidays: The college follows theholiday list of the
affiliatinguniversity (Gauhati University).
1. B.A. Assamese
2. B.A. Economics
3. B.A. Education
4. B.A. English
5. B.A. Geography
6. B.A. History
7. B.A. Philosophy
8. B.A. Political Science
9. B.Sc. Botany
10. B. Sc. Physics
11. B. Sc. Mathematics
12. B. Sc. Zoology
13. M.A. Assamese
Certificate and Diploma Courses:
A. Certificate coursesoffered by the college are :
1. Mushroom cultivation ( Botany)
2. Typesetting in LaTex (Mathematics)
3. Vermiculturing and Vermicomposting (Zoology)
4. Certificate course in Photography (Physics)
5. Certificate course in Waste management(Chemistry)
BCertificate Courses Approved by UGC and Gauhati University
6. Career oriented Course in Communicative English (English)
7. Certificate course in Computer Applications
C.Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Sipajhar College strives to impart a liberating and holistic education that seeks to empower its students to become strong and positive individuals who in turn become agents of social transformation and social empowerment. The college also aims to provide easy access to higher education to a community of youth for whom the dream of higher education would have remained unfulfilled but for Sipajhar College.
(ii) The powers and duties of its officers and employees
• Principal: The principal is the administrative head of the institution whois responsible for the overall functioning of the college. He is the final authority on all matters of policy and administration and is authorized to draw money for salaries of the various employees in the institution in his capacity as the DDO (Drawing and Disbursing Officer). Writing the Annual Confidential Report(ACR) of the staff and contract faculty also constitute one of his major duties.
• Faculty:The major duties of the faculties areteaching, mentoring, and counseling. Apart from these, the faculty members also assist the students in their various co-curricular activities and thus help in the all-round development of the students.They also form an intricate part of the examination system by fulfilling their duties as examiners, invigilators and question-paper setters both in the internal and end-semester examinations. The fact that they influence the character and subsequently shape the future of the students is in itself an innate power inherent in being a teacher.
• Non-Teaching staff:TheNon-Teaching staffhave their respective duties and responsibilities assigned by the principal thereby ensuring the smooth functioning of the institution.
(iii) The Procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability:
The institution follows a transparent and participative system of governance where most decisions are made and finalized during the various meetings held with the relevant committees and cells thereby fostering the spirit of collective responsibility.
(iv)The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions:
The institution adheres to the norms and regulations of both the UGC and the State Government in course of carrying out its various duties and realizing its vision and mission.
(v)The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions:
(vi) A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control:
Category of the Documents
Name of the Documents and its introduction.
Procedure to obtain the document
Held by/ under the control of.
Organization and Employees
Available at the institution
Student registration record, Exam related records (marks, results, etc.)
Available at the institution
Budget, Expenditure, Salary and Contingencies.
Available at the institution
The office non- teaching staff of the institution are allotted the responsibility of preserving and issuing the different categories of documents.
(vii) The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with or representation by the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof:
Members of the public are not involved in the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof.
(viii) Statement of the board, councils, committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public: Not Applicable
(ix) A directory of its officers,employees & teachers:
(x) The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations .
(xi) The budget allocated to each of its agency indicating the particulars of all plans proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made.
(xii) The manner of execution of subsidy programmesincluding the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes:Not applicable
(xiii) Particulars of recipients of concessions permits or authorizations granted by it: Not applicable
(xiv) Details in respect of the information available to or held by it reduced in an electronic form:Not applicable
(xv) The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use:No such facility is available
(xvi) The names, designations and other particulars of the public Information Officers:
RTI Nodal Officers
1. Dr Prasanna Kr. Nath Associate Professor Contact No-08638526030
2. Mr Tilak Deka Assistant Professor Contact No- 09864741313
Appellate Authority Dr P.C. Deka Contact No- 09954044122